Latest News
Best Investment Property In India. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Saturday, March 2, 2019

IPL Form Won't Affect World Cup Selection: Virat Kohli

Virat Kohli

Indian captain Virat Kohli made it clear that performances in the IPL will not have any bearing on the composition of the Indian team for the World Cup. That India have only the five ODIs against Australia before the IPL is indication that the hosts have filled in most slots.

"I don't see IPL having any influence on World Cup selection ,'' Kohli said here on Friday ahead of the first One-dayer.

The skipper also saw no need to debate his batting position, be it No.3 or 4. "If that's (No.4) the requirement of the team at a particular stage in the game or before a particular game, I'm more than happy to do it. I've batted a lot of times at No.4, so I don't necessarily need to try it out because I've done that a lot of times. My game doesn't change from No.3 to No.4 because template is quiet similar."

"I don't see IPL having any influence on World Cup selection. I think that will be a very radical sort of analysis. Before we head into the IPL, we need be absolutely clear of what team we want for the World Cup. I don't see anything changing despite how the IPL goes for any of the players. If one or two players don't have a good IPL season, it doesn't mean that they are out of the picture for the World Cup. Those things are not going to matter"
IPL 2019

  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: IPL Form Won't Affect World Cup Selection: Virat Kohli Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Best Investment Property In India